Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Staff Contacts | Affiliates | Home RSS
 
 
 

No one injured in fire at Manistique apartments

October 25, 2013
Daily Press

MANISTIQUE - Manistique Public Safety and Volunteer Firefighters responded to a fire at the Lakeview Apartments in Manistique early Friday morning. No one was injured.

At 1:15 a.m. officers and firefighters were called to a report of a large amount of smoke and fire alarms that had been activated in the B building of the apartment complex located at 701 Park Ave. Residents were evacuated from the B building by officers who discovered that the fire was located in apartment B107, which was occupied by Richard Cardenas. Officers forced entry into the apartment, evacuated Cardenas, and controlled the fire, which was limited to food cooking on an electric stove.

Firefighters cleared smoke from the Cardenas apartment and the rest of the building while Manistique EMS attended to Cardenas, who was uninjured. No firefighters or civilians were injured in the incident and residents were allowed to return to their apartments at 2 a.m.

Officers were assisted at the scene by the Sault Tribe Police Department.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web